View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
JanTx

I have a bag packed to go spend the day with a friend tomorrow. The bag is full of some of my projects - both finished and not - and all sorts of quilty things. She is seeking my expertise as she starts her first quilt - a baby quilt. Our hope tomorrow is to choose a pattern - I've sent her several ideas to consider - all easy-peasy ones, buy fabric to go with some nursery rhyme fabric she found at a thrift store, and get her pieces cut. Our husbands will tag along and have a great day catching up with news and events. My biggest concern will be helping her choose the right amount of fabric, but ... will go for more rather than less and she can just start building her stash. :) It feels so strange to be THE EXPERT at something I've done for just a few short months, but ... I'm a teacher and in my 32 years in the classroom have found that you don't put the kid who GETS IT to teach the child who doesn't. You put someone who knows just half a bubble more than the child who knows very little. They will both learn in the process and be so proud of each other. I see this happen just about daily and hope it happens for us tomorrow. Wish me luck!