View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 AM
KarylMc

Originally Posted by karenm36
Since I see that it's quilted on the inside but not on the outside, does this mean you treated this as a QAYG? Did you use a sweat shirt that was taken apart and then sewed back together after you sewed all the strips on? This too is one of my favorites that I've seen and like the way this turned out! Makes me want to try one. Any specifics you can give us would certainly be welcomed! This is so nice!
Yes, was a QAYG (took me a minute on that one...I'm new to this!)

and your second question is EXACTLY how I did it. The tute I originally saw didn't have the lining...that's my contribution to the cause!

AS an added tip, the sweatshirt pieces are irregular shapes and manu places I would reach the end of the sweatshirt in one place (like top of shoulder) but the sweatshirt would continue in another (like under the arms....still same piece of sweatshirt.) I just kept adding whole strips until the entire piece was covered, for continuity, then i cut off the extra. (does that make sense?)
There are strips you can see at the shoulder that stop where the sleeves come on, then the strip continues down after the point where the sleeve had come on.

Thsi is a great way to use up a honeybun (took 2) and i will use a jellyroll on the next one, I think. Or maybe patchwork..