Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Grandma Cindy

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by BMP
Missy are you considering bariatric bypass ?? I know several people who have been sucessful with the lap band and its less invasive.

I give you lots and lots of kudos for losing on your own, its a hard long road but in the end much safer than other methods. Congrats on your loss so far.

I havent dared get on the scales yet, usually I can tell if I am losing but for some reason I am not getting it yet. I am just hoping its because I have started back to regular excerise and my muscles are storing water/fluid for repair. they are certainly sore. I cant beleive how fast you can lose muscle tone, its only been a few months and I feel like its been a few years since I have worked out. I wont do this to myself again.
I went through the preliminary process to have the lap band. My mom had the lap band done 18 months ago.

I really am trying hard to do this on my own and not with surgery. I know it will take me much longer but the things that my mom has gone through is something I really do not want to happen to me.

Missy
I had bariatric bypass about 15 months ago and lost almost 80 pounds. Right now I am having a terrible time with craving sweets and the weight is starting to come back. I don't know how to fight it. I am one of the fortunate ( or unfortunate) people who got along so well and had no troubles after the surgery. I do not have the "sugar dumps" so many people get and I can eat any thing if I eat slow. The only problem is Chinese food and meat and I am fine with a few bits of that. I need help with the sugar cravings, big time!!!! Any thoughts?
Get a few phone numbers of a couple of sponsors or maybe Skype where you could sew together via the computer. I understand those cravings--- I bought some after Christmas,on sale, candy to take to work... Do you think it has made it there yet, nooooooooooooo. 1/4 of it is on my belly...............