Old 01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
chris_quilts

Update: I did talk to our insurance guy. We have an obscene amount of replacement cost coverage on our house. I tried to talk to him and another person about the sewing stash and machines and both said that those items were covered under the replacement cost. I believe the raplcement cost is stuff alone but I should clarify that. Quilts, sometimes, can be covered under an art writer/rider but it depends upon its age and other aspects of the quilt. Both assumed that a quilt was only worth about $100 and were shocked to hear about the prices of some quilts I've seen. Neither were quilters and did not come from a line of quilters. I really think this is an individual conversation between whoever's house is involved and the insurance people. I do know I need to call back and find out what exactly is meant /covered under replacement cost. If it's house and contents, we need to increase our coverage. He did say that pictures would be helpful - stored elsewhere, of course. I did get a writer for my jewelry but have to get my wedding ring appraised for it's replacement cost soon. Hope this helps someone. FYI: Neither could believe how many machines I own or the amount of stash I have. :)