View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
candi

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
My Mom is looking around on the board...we'll have another newbie soon. She got her pattern printed out today while she was at work. If she isn't a member by the time she gets her block finished, I will post pics for her.
Oh lucky you, both you and your mom quilt. Does she live nearby that you can quilt with her? Maybe she taught you to quilt??
I picked it up on my own. I did help when I was between 7 and 10. Then she stoped and I started a couple of years ago. We both have made clothes. Now she has decided to start quilting again. Both her parents sewed clothes and Granny quilted for a while, now she just crochets. Mama lives about 20 minutes from me and when we get all these squares made we will have to get together in order to get them both quilted and bound.

We both have been surprised as to how much we are alike and have only started discovering it over the last two years. It's like finding a new best friend and I love it and her!
How sweet! My mom and my husband are my best friends. I have many hobbies in common with DH, but nothing in common with mom. She never did any sewing (never owned a sewing machine even), but she does cross stitching, knitting and crochet, all three of which I tired but didn't really enjoy that much.But, we can talk for hours about anything and everything, and she really is very encouraging of my quilting, even though she knows nothing about the process. If she lived closer, I may have been able to recruit her to the quilting world, alas, as is, I just tell her about stuff, send her pictures, and she oohs and aahs at the correct shots, LOL. :P