Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Miz Johnny

I actually have spent time with my machines this weekend! My 15-88 had been giving me fits before Christmas; a generally lousy stitch. I finally replaced the tension spring and put in a new bobbin case. The tensioner still seems a bit off to me, but the stitch is good. Then I decided it was time to try free-motion quilting. I worked at it a while and came to the conclusion that I will never live long enough to learn to do it well, so whatever quilts I make will have to either be straight-line quilted or sent out. That was a good decision for me, as I really am not all that excited about that part of sewing anyway.
I moved on to my Davis VF and FINALLY finished my GD's baby quilt. (She's 6 months old--at the rate I was going, she'd outgrow it before I got it done.) I still need to bind it, but then I can cross that one off my list. It's not the prettiest job in the world, but done trumps perfect, so that's that.
I was amazed once again at the Davis. Every time I use it, I wonder why I wait so long between times to get back to it! It's just a great machine.