Thread: I am so upset
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
quilterella

Originally Posted by salisaquilter
I fell day after Christmas and ruined my right shoulder. Actually dislocated it and after seeing the ortho Dr. yesterday he says I have torn the rota tor cuff.. He is setting surgery date.
I WILL BE UNABLE TO SEW FOR MONTHS. MONTHS????????
What am I to do????????????????????????? I just want to cry.
I even have to lay magazine on the table to look at. I am really whining. POOOOOOOOOOOr me...
At least I can watch and enjoy your works :-( :cry: :cry:
Been there, done that...and possibly looking at doing it again. I had shoulder surgery in Nov 2010 to repair rotaor cuff and remove 3" clavicle bone from a previous fall/surgery in 2007. Well, all was well, until I wiped out on the ice 2 days before Christmas. I have separated the same shoulder with lateral damage... needless to say I'm not happy...possibly going to weight it down and have a sling for 6 wks. My only suggestions are...i) lots of magazines, ii) a couple of really good books, iii) a few good movies, iv) some really boring documentaries to help you sleep and finally, your computer. The QB people have been my salvation over the past 2.5 months. Plus I also did the Fabshophop to kill sometime. But, the QB is the best and there was/is always alot to read, ponder, research and drool over on this site. Good Luck!