Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 AM
bourvel

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
To those of you who use treadles....if you were looking for a treadle cabinet only, what flaws would you look for in the metal base other than making sure the treadle moves? ( I'm assuming rust can be treated successfully.). And... 1. Are they common or scarce in your area? And 2. what's a ballpark figure for one in average condition?
Make sure that there are no cracks in the pedal or anywhere else along the frame. Also that the pitman rod is there, it is attached to the pedal and not bent or broken.
The last treadle cabinet I bought cost me $100 and it wasn't complete, but it is now. It was missing the hinge pins for the machine and also the drip pan(my son made one for me).
They seem to be rather hard to find for a decent price, most people think if its old; it must be worth a fortune.
This looks very much like my nephew's singer sewing machine is wants to sell. It's a 1914 machine with attachements and also a authenticity certificate. It's in great condition and so is the cabinet. He's asking 200$ and has no buyer. If the cabinet is worth 100$, I figure it's not too much for the whole thing around 200$.
What do you think?