View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 AM
quilter in the making

Originally Posted by doxieloverred
I would take it back and ask for 3 yards in a continuous piece. They must have rolled the last yard from one bolt onto the new bolt instead of making it a remnant. What I don't undersatand is why the clerk said nothing! Especially since most people want it in one length. We have great JoAnn clerks, I can't imagine that happening. But, if nothing else, take it back so they can use the situation as a training tool.
Our local JoAnn's does this all the time. I picked out fabric a few months ago and the clerk did point this out. I wanted 3 yards of the fabric and took the last yard of that which was wrapped into the beginning of the new bolt and then had her cut 2 more yards as they were the same pattern and the colors matched. When I got home there was only the 1 yard piece in my bag. The 2 yard cut was GONE, but I was charged for 3 yards of it. When I went back with my receipt, the store manager said they "never" roll the leftover from one bolt into a new bolt and anything left at the end of the bolt is either sold to the last customer at the remnant price or put into the remnant bin. It took a little arguing, but they finally refunded my money for the 2 yards.