Thread: I am so upset
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 AM
winipb2

I know what you are going through. I fell a number of years ago and broke the rotator in 3 places and as a result I have a very long pin in my arm. I was told that it would be 18 months before I could move my elbow about six inches from my body and to never expect to use the arm again. Well! I had my kids put my closet rod up 6 inches higher than normal and I would (after healing) hold a hanger in my right (damaged side) hand and gently use my left hand to push my right elbow up. I did lots of little life things like that. I a very pleased to show anyone who will look that I can put my right arm up and lay it across my head and touch my right ear. At that time of my life I was pouring firing and painting porcelain dolls. No I could not pour or handle the molds nor could I clean the greenware but I sure did learn to paint and write with my left hand. My point here is do not give in to what you can not do. Improvise and go on enjoying life. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture I mean it as encouragement. Wini