View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
TFquilter

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
FQ Stash Queen -- Wow, you had a terrible year. I am so sorry for your losses. And your injuries. I hope that 2011 proves to be a great improvement over 2010.

Our mailing order is: Me to FQ Stash Queen
FQ Stash Queen to Qbee
Qbee to TF Quilter
TF Quilter to pamesue
Pamesue to me

Reminder of due dates: Row 1 -- Feb 15
Row 2 -- April 15
Row 3 -- June 15
Row 4 -- Aug 15
Row 5 -- Oct 15

---------------------------------------

TF Quilter -- Your row is beautiful!!!! Are you sure you are in the right group -- like maybe you belong with the advanced group???? Wow -- I don't know how I can add to that. Where did you get your pattern? Are you looking for applique for the rest of the rows? I assume you want to maintain a Victorian "feel" to the rest of the quilt. I can't imagine mixing anything that beautiful with mod images are cartoon types. Would vintage Sunbonnet Sue qualify? Pamesue -- you have a tough act to follow. Can't wait to see what you do.
Thankyou...Yes, I am sure I am in the right group & I do not consider myself "advanced"...the pattern came from a book called Bonnet Girls - Patterns from the Past by Helen R. Scott...I used a machine buttonhole stitch on the larger areas of skirts etc and embroidered the rest by hand.. vintage Sunbonnet Sue would work..there's also a book called Ladies of Leisure..Vintage Quilts..Linens and More by Suzanne McNeill..also, I could copy some of these various patterns & include these with my row if this would help..or you could do 3 pieced blks in 30's fabrics and 2 ladies/girls of some sort... cartoon types would not go..I do not want to make this difficult for anybody...I think a challenge is good, so let me know your thoughts okay...also on the back of this one book there are vintage patterns of women/girls..it is thru Design Originals..www.d-originals.com..#5202 Vintage Home; #5152 Vintage linens...just passing on info..