Thread: Our Pets
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Luv Quilts and Cats

My avatar is Chloe, a rescue from the Manchester Animal Shelter. She came into the shelter one January, very pregnant. She had her babies, all was well until she developed some kind of vicious infection. I say vicious because it nearly killed her. She had to be force fed, had intravenous antibiotics, the whole nine yars. Her kittens all found homes. Chloe recovered, thanks to the hard work of the vets and staff at the shelter. She was adopted out to a family who had other cats. Little Miss Chloer fought with all of them! So she came back to the shelter. Being around all the other cats stressed her so she lost a little weight. I had put my last cat, Sasha, to sleep during that summer. I was going to wait awhile to get another cat. Three weeks later, I just went to look. The second cat I saw was Chloe (my name, her name at the shelter was Petite Meow). She rolled on her back, purred, blinked her eyes at me, well, that was all it took. She came home with me. I took her to the vet for them to check her and when they read the notes about her illness, they said she must have been a favorite for the shelter to do all that work to save her. She is a love. We have been through some tough times, she couldn't tolerate a lot of the cat foods, so finding something to stay in her stomach was a challenge, but we did it. They she had to have all her teeth pulled (except the canines and front teeth) due to stomatitis gingivitis. Don't ask. Her last three molars came out in September. She has gained weight, her fur is shiny again and she is her chirpy, trilling, happy self again. I am so glad. This cat has a sense of humor and likes to have fun! She doesn't like other cats though so she is an only kitty. But I am whispering in her ear every so often that a little dog would be a nice addition to the family. So far, she has not showed me how she feels about that!