View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:58 AM
BettyGee

I have two Dritz quilting frames that were my grandmother's. They are very old and very simple, but with some lemon oil and TLC they are perfectly functional.

So I thought if I tack the first fabric across the two frames making sure it was smooth, I sprayed the basting lightly. Waited five minutes and lay the batting on the fabric. Because you can get your hands on top and bottom it was very easy to smooth the two together. Sprayed the batting and waited another five minutes. Placed the second fabric on top of the batting and again carefully smoothed the, now three layers, together. Took the tacks on put them on top of all three layers to hold the sandwich even and taut. Left the whole thing alone for about two hours, removed the tacks and I have a wonderful basted sandwich ready to quilt.

It was very easy on my back because at 5 1/4 inches it came just to my waist and made the whole project very easy.

Just an idea if you happen to have a quilt frame around, plus I can put it on the sun deck where the fumes can't hurt anyone, open the doors and let the air clear.