View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM
cheryl rearick

I guess we can look at it a couple of ways. In the 70's there was a BIG price hike in sugar. We women knew life could go on without that little pack of sugar. Women drove the prices down. Gas, well it has gone up little by little, however more people are car pooling OR just not going to town as often. NOT spending the money. YET the gas war of the 70's also put the little man out of business. When I see price hikes like this, It makes me wonder, can the little shops survive? How can we quilters HELP the little shops stay in business? They are out teachers and there for us. Can the little shops sell more at whole sale and make their money in the class room (sort of speaking)? When people learn to WORK TOGETHER helping each other, we on a whole will get our needs met as well. (for instance) IF I were to lose my job, had difficulty paying house note, before I gave up, I'd rent rooms out to save my home.) So I guess I ask you other quilters, HOW can we help the little guy stay in business??????