Old 01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by hobo2000
I find people in general, are lonely. I can ride the metro for 30-40 miles and no one speaks to anyone. It is perfectly quiet. They all have on earphones, listening to music or texting one another. You can usually hear a pin drop. What kind of world are we heading into. Excuse me. according to one person here, I have "NOT THE TRAINING' for starting a conversation. Since when do we need to be trained to be friendly to our fellow citizens. I am appalled at some of this thread.
I have a great time going to my fabric store and I'm there so often that they always ask what I'll be making....and my usual answer is........I don't know....I just have to have it before it's gone. :-P There are times when I do have something in mind and in that case I will tell them. They also like it when we customers bring in the finished product as they love seeing what was made out of a product they sold.

Regarding the lack of conversation among "strangers" = I really wish people would just put away their cell phones, Iphones, and all that other gadgets....or at least turn it off for periods of time. Can we be that interested in being "in touch" and available all the time? How sad to be so insecure, yet complain that they are " so busy, there's no time for much else." DAH!