View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
YukonViv

Afternoon everyone!
I spent a lovely morning at our local quilt shop yesterday (Bear's Paw Quilts - Yukon). It was sign up for the winter class session. I love sign up days, everyone is always out there early (before the shop even opens there's a line up) and there are goodies and treats, and coffee and tea. The walls of the shop are all covered in models for the session's classes. It's a great way to get inspired and creates a real buzz to get in on the classes as space is limited.

Having only been a quilter now for 2 years, I've made sure to take as many classes as I could to learn all the technical stuff. Now it's just for fun and social.

I ended up signing up for 3 classes:

Buggy Barn Crazy - we all pick our own Buggy Barn pattern and work together, learning the stack and whack technique. I'm going to do the Tree skirt pattern from the booklet Stir Crazy.

Spicy Spiral table runner - design by School House Quilts. This one is so cool, and we get to use a 9 degree Wedge ruler. So I came home with a new tool...love it!

Lone Star and Stripes - design by Piece O'Cake Designs. I've not done a lone star quilt yet and this one includes applique in the open areas.

I've found that I really enjoy sitting with a group of women, all of us working on similar projects. It really keeps us motivated. And we get to make new friends. I've attended a few retreats and I find I get overwhelmed when everyone is doing different things! I get too distracted LOL.

Anyone taking any classes this winter?