Old 01-09-2011, 02:14 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Randa
I just purchased a 1914 Davis Treadle..NVF..and paid $65. The cabinet is in excellent shape for it's age, dirty, dark but the veneer has just a little chip in the lid. Came with authentic certificate, and instruction book and all kinds of attachements! I'm so happy and can't wait for a son in law to help DH get it off the truck and into the house to warm up and play with!! The man I bought it from picked it up at an estate auction and he has no doubt it works, but has not tried it. He said his wife isn't into treadles for the machine, but just the cabinets which he makes into tables for her. So, since this one looks so good, he decided to offer it for sale. I think I got a bargain. We'll see more when it's warm and sewing!!
Congrat! I'm happy that you picked up this machine. And happy to read that the man kept it in the treadle. You got a bargain! So don't worry. And even if you read here on this board tomorrow (or next week) that someone picked one up for free or for $10, you still got a bargain. As I have stated, FW are all over the place (CL, ebay, vintage stores, GW, grandma's attic), but I don't see hundreds of of Davis NVFs -even if they can be found. Please post pictures! I'm very intrigued with these machines. And I'm sure you will be able to get it to work, just like Nancy did hers. Enjoy!