Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Randa
Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements. All of the attachments are a little rusty....and the machine itself is really dirty! Needs to be cleaned oiled and a new belt. Should be a great machine! I'd certainly be willing to make copies of the book. Do you all have attachments also?? I'm missing the quilter guide. I'd really like that and the "self sewer" that is attached to the gauge (different from the quilter guage).
Your machine is gorgeous! And the cabinet is gorgeous too! You did very well with this find. Your machine looks clean (or cleaner than what I had thought). I would just wipe her down and polish her. But do be careful with the polish, and if you do use Billy's method of the Go Jo (or whatever it is called) please be careful there too. I tested a site on my Two Spools machine thinking all was okay. I then started on the flat surface of the machine only to find the shellac turned on me (some type of chemical reaction) and all of the shellac in that area started to all come off. The decals then all turned silver. I didn't do the rest of the machine after that. I just wipe the rest clean and polished, those parts the shellac and decals are preserved. So, as Billy stated do a test, but still watch out. Thanks for posting photos!