View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
RNUNU

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Re: My posting of "Family Heritage - Postage Stamp Quilt"

There have been many-many compliments on this Picture/Posting .... and "Thank You" for each and every oneof them.

Questions were asked relating to my old "Witherspoon" Quilt Rack, that I made. I had been looking for an old "witherspoon" ... (They were used to hold a mirrow over the top of chest of drawers and/or old wash stands, that held a bowl and water pitchure.) .... to make a "wall quilt rack" with. I thought I was going to have to the whole chest of drawers, just to get the witherspoon .... but at a local Monday Night Auction, low and behold there were "two" (without the chest/wash stand) up for auction .... and I GRABBED both of them. The bigger one was from an old chest of drawers ... the smaller one was from an old wash stand. I aquired an old Gramma's Flower Garden piece that I hand quilted and finished .... the pictures below show the results of the smaller "witherspoon" .... which is on display in my living room.
The following are pictures of the Larger "witherspoon" as a Quilt Rack. Look closely and you will see where I added "round extensions" to the witherspoon ..... so it would project out away from the wall ..... to allow hanging a quilt on it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-156832.jpe   attachment-156833.jpe   attachment-156834.jpe