View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
TFquilter

Originally Posted by Qbee
TFquilter:
Eeek.....OK...I'm starting to get REALLY nervous here. I mean your block is just so stunning...seriously! I started quilting in July and I don't have an embroidery machine :( But...I thought about your row all night last night and came up with a couple of ideas while soaking in the tub! LOL...I do my best thinking there! I need you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me HONESTLY if you don't like any of them 'cause I am still thinking!! They are all applique ideas.
1st idea - I thought about doing the "present" for your ladies past and present in silhouettes. For example, I was thinking of say doing a little girl silhouette, not in black but solid to match background, like say if it is a pink/burgandy floral background the little girl would be burgandy. Here is an example of what I mean by silhouette:
http://karenswhimsy.com/girl-silhouette.shtm
Then one block could be a teen with more "hip" background fabric. And have them age or something like that.
2nd idea - Was to do a row of dresses along the same line with the "aging" process. Like the first little dress would be a baby girl dress, then the next would be a little girl, then teen, the wedding or something like that. These would be more "present" looking as well.
3rd idea - Just ladies "stuff" like a dress shoe in one block, a evening gown in one block, a hat in one block, etc. Or say a whole row of hats that span the years from say, bonnets to 20s style to now kind of thing...that might be hard...hmm.
OK...that's all I have but I can think of others if you don't like any of these. If you like all, which do you like best?? Also, I was thinking of the "present" ladies the whole time....if you want to keep it all victorian, I can rethink them with that theme too. I want you to LOVE your row so please feel totally free to tell me your thoughts!

Gail, do not worry okay...I love your ideas...I really like #1 or #2...what creative ideas you have..I will totally love my row cuz first of all, you made it and 2nd we are in a group...so no worry...very thoughtful ideas...:)

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
I would probably want to do some machine embroidery as well.
Good..see we are on a roll..:)