Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
pdcakm

hey, my quilty group pals, i was just perusing some of the other group sites. they are sharing info about themselves and really discussing every detail of what is going on with their rows. how about a little more chatter?

since rows of friendship infers (implies?) getting friendly, i will share first.

i am a widow, a grandmother, a dog owner, and of course a quilter. two years ago my company, a large phone co, who shall remain nameless but whose initials are att, decided that it did not need the services we provided in california any longer and moved the jobs to texas. since my entire family and life are here i opted not to relocate. have been unemployed since and still hope to find a job soon. however, i have managed to keep the wolf kicked away from the door. certainly haven't missed any meals, but surely could stand to eat a little less at the ones i enjoy.

i first quilted back in 1968 but normal life raising my family and working got in the way. took it up again after my husband passed away in 1996. took classes and made lots of quilt tops. unfortunately most of those are still sitting as ufo's. trying to commit to clear them up this year. after being "retired" in 2008 i formed a friendship with two of my fellow retirees who also quilt. we meet twice a week to work on projects, eat, and laugh. just spent friday and saturday making quilt tops with the same pattern but very different outcomes.

i have two beautiful granddaughters who are young teens. they are perfect. perfectly gorgeous, perfectly talented, perfectly sweet, and perfectly temper testing. love them madly, as you can tell. my son and daughter-in-law are wonderful. they all look after me to the best of their abilities. i do my best to make it difficult for them to keep up with my shenanigans.

of course, no intro of me would be complete without the crazy dog. his name is ringo, see my avatar, and he's from the local shelter. unknown parentage and overindulgence by his owner have created a monster. he weighs all of 20 lbs. but thinks he is much bigger. so brave, he sleeps under the covers with me at night. mostly just keeps me laughing.

look forward to hearing more about all of you. especially want to see and hear about your rows.