View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by cathyvv
"...only places its been noticeable has been my neck/collarbone area, face, legs and a bit in the arms."

The 'only places'? You're doing great! Are your jeans just a bit loose? That doesn't always 'show' when you look in the mirror, but you can feel that.

Keep dancing around your dorm room every night. Get an exercise dvd, one that's not too hard, and do it. My daughter, who has struggled with her weight all her life, swears by yoga.

Drink water before you eat. You'll eat less.

Does your dorm have stairs? If so, use them. Excellent for toning the legs, hips and belly - and free. Once or twice a day is fine to start with as stairs can be hard on the knees. Build up the number of 'repetitions' over time.

Eat foods that are 'fiber dense' - carrots, celery, vegetables, lettuce, etc., not 'calorie dense' - chips, desserts, fries, etc. Fiber dense fills you up. Calorie dense fill you out.

Eat fruit. It's better for you than fruit juice. Generally lower calorie and higher fiber density. If the price of fruit scares you, think of how much nutrition you get from a piece of fruit compared to chips and desserts.

Allow yourself a treat at least once a week. Small portions, of course.

Congrats on the 3.1 gpa!
My jeans are a bit looser, but I don't wear jeans too often, I'm not a huge fan but that has to do more with them fitting only in the waist and being baggy every where else... especially in the legs which are mostly muscle to begin with. (what can I say, I have a weird body) I'm big boned... I know this... my ankles are huge as are my wrists. I know this due to them being all bone and what not, if that makes sense. Though my legs are starting to take on a more lean appearance.

My dorm building does not have an elevator... just a ton of stairs... which I've thought about running up and down them for the cardio work out I could get from it.

I work out my hands about an hour each day... playing piano! I'm getting a flute in February possibly too, so that will help with fingers and breathing. I haven't played flute in YEARS! It's also a change in the finger positioning too, so that helps with that too.

To be honest I'm not even sure what triggered the weight loss either, it's possible that it's cause I'm now on a schedule with eating, but I'm not sure... hmmm