Thread: "Atlas"
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 AM
mrspete

thank you for the reply Sandy. I had mom's too and just as heavy. Is it Pink? I gave mine to a friend and have regretted it, but I had to move it to feed the bird and move it to use the washer and dryer. I had no room for it. I'd put it on top of my sewing machine table (machine was broken) and try to use it and I'd have to stack phone books on a chair to reach it. Just not a good thing. I miss her and might get her back. She is so pretty. If I get it back I'm posting a picture of my mom's pretty little Atlas. She got it back in the '50's....traded her treadle and boot. So sad. Ad in news paper count the foot prints amd wom a vaccum cleaner, or something like that and send in your answer. She did and several months later he came. She said well I bought a vaccum, don't need it now. He said well what about a portable electric sewing machine. Her ears perked and he talked her into BUYING the machine. She said it was the best $54.00 she ever spent. Paid it in $1.20 increments until it was hers. Well, thanks for the reply. Enjoy yours. Mine was named Pinkie by my friend. Don't think mom ever named anything, everything was Minerva! because it got on her nerve-A. We rhymed everything.