View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM
fabric_lover

I have been enjoying reading all the memories. Thank you.

My Aunt Madeline was the only person to quilt in our fmily as I remember. We were a family of knitters, crocheters and sewers of clothes. I remember a light purple and cream block quilt with light purple border which was made of wool . It was machine done but was so scratchy we (mom/dad/me) didn't like it and was relagated to the trunk in the attic. I loved rummaging in the trunks. Came across an applique butterfly comforter cover Aumnt Madeline did with very pretty purple/ other colors (purple I remember best) on white background with sashing. When we moved as Dad retired, all unnecessary stuff was given to the Salvation Army as he promised Mom new furniture-antique furniture, china cabinets, dishes -I loved the separated plates- along with the quilt comforter cover. Wish I had that now, still looking for the butterfly pattern of old but haven't found it-yet. It had nice rounded wings,on bottom also. Purple was kept and used as a beach blanket (horrors now!) and died a useful death. I'm sorry i didn't appreciate those things more when I had them, but I do now. Ah Hindsight.