View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 AM
JulieR

Originally Posted by tuxedokitty
I work in a hectic environment (don't we all?) and quilting isn't something that just comes "natural" to me. I have to think and concentrate over each little step on a project so that it comes out right. When I get off from work, or on the weekends, I feel so burned out, I just want to kick back and not think. That's on the one hand. On the other hand, I have made probably 12-15 quilts, several table runners, etc. and have tons of really pretty kits as well as fabric waiting for me. I have a nice machine....so basically NO EXCUSE. Anyone got any advice for this lazy 55 year old???
I'm with you. I'm so mentally, emotionally and physically knackered after working that I NEED to de-stress. Quilting does not do that for me, but other things do - I try to spend about 30 minutes doing those things as soon as I get home. Then I put everything away and just let my mind wander. Sometimes it wanders to my sewing machine, so there I go. (Sometimes it wanders to the TV or computer, and I'm okay with that, too. Some days it's just about self preservation, isn't it?)

Let yourself off the hook. For me this is a hobby I enjoy, but I don't kick myself if I don't feel like quilting for a while.