View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Cyn

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Cyn
It's ok tho, after 52 years, I know nothing I do is good enough and FINALLY, it doesn't bother me anymore and I don't try. She didn't get the perfect daughter she wanted. She loves me bunches but she has problems and they aren't my fault. Sorry too long. Sore subject at times for me :(

WOW..you sound just like ME on the topic of MY mother....her life did not turn out the way she hoped and she takes it out on me....finally THIS year...( I will be 50 in MAY), I figured it all out and decided to just avoid her if at all possible. Thanksgiving my sister/BIL came up and we did the day at moms...all I did was walk in and started in on me....my sister just about fainted...she could not believe my mom....she said, it was just like being back in the 80's...she had not heard mom go at me like that in all these years, because I have always lived AWAY....it was horrible...but now my sister(the baby by the way) understands why my DH and I do not spend much time my parents...
I don't make her things any more either nothing is ever good enough!
We do sound alike! I have 2 younger brothers and they have finally seen it! My husband does too. It helps that I don't react anymore and find that my brothers and husband jump in and say nice things before my mom can start. The first time it really took her back. And now she is a lot more mellow. She didn't like being the only one and was shocked she couldn't bring others in. My brothers and I are very close so once they realized what was going on, they helped the best they could. No one can talk to my mom about it because she acts like she is hurt and being wronged. Mental health issues run in her family. I feel worse for my sil's. She thinks my brothers can do No wrong and everything is their wife's fault. She doesn't say anything about it except to me. I simply say it takes both parents to teach/raise children. We get together all the time. I live away but they all live in the same town. I will not miss my families get togethers and seeing my neices for one person. My oldest daughter has a mental illness and is supported by my family fabulously.
Aren't families fun!?!
Oh and last May my oldest brother turned 50 and I made him a special quilt (my avatar). It's the first I made for anyone else in my family. We usually give gag gifts so when he opened my present, he was speechless. I thought he maybe didn't like it but that night he called me once we traveled back home and with a tremble in his voice told me how much it meant to him. I know it did and I felt pleased he reacted like that. Too long again-sorry!
I hope your siblings support you too.