Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Its on my resolution list to finish one of the stained glass wall hangings I had in mind. I'm planning to make quilted replicas of the stained glass windows found in the sword room in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Video of a player going around the room and looking at said windows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JemfhjF_iDI&fmt=18 (not the best and there is a better angle to view these windows head on, but you get the idea).

I haven't found a whole lot on how to execute making these. But if I'm getting this right, you would cut out the glass parts, put them on some sort of backing fabric, and then stitch bias tape along the edges of the pieces. Correct?

Should I go with muslin or regular cotton for the backing fabric (the fabric that the pieces will be layered on)? Not sure if it matters a whole lot since all my pieces will be covering up the backing fabric (I've seen some quilts where they show the backing fabric and use it as the background).

Also looking for websites that sells Moda marbles. The lower the price the better.

Anything else I should know about stained glass quilts would be helpful. Can't think of any other questions at the moment.