Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 AM
purplelady

Well, I have has singers and Kenmore and Bernia's and my choice is the Bernia. I have 2 now and working on getting the 3rd. I lost the deco one as I was not using it. I have the 170 and the 730. I love them both. But if you want a good machine and she is going to be doing a lot of quilting then the 830 Bernia or even the 730 is good. You can sew, emborider and almost do anything on it except do dishes, and make the bed lol. But the service is great. Take it in once a yr for a check up and a way you go. It is just like your car. You take that in for a service check, so you do the same for you sewing machine. I have not had to take my machine in for anything but my yearly check up. It is such a good machine and you can always find a dealer and a servious tech to answer your questions. No matter how dumb you think there are. I would not trade my machine for all the choc in the world. Best bet is go to a Bernia dealer and try one out. Just like a car. Sit and sew with it and tell them what you are going to be doing with the machine . Good luck Sharon from South Dakota