View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
cazann

Hi all you lovely people, i've been sitting reading loads of posts on here since the holidays as i am about to start on my first machine made quilt, have only ever made one other and that took two years and was completely stitched by hand for my kingsize bed, and as much as i loved doing it i think it was the time that it took that stopped me making any more, so now i have decided to make a machine one and have been reading about all the different machines, i have a lovely Brother machine that was a present some 7 years ago and i don't want to use it for quilting, but i think i would love a Featherweight, my questions are is there a particular one i should be looking for or is there something i should avoid, i've seen white ones, ones dating in the 50's, and even one from the 70's. are they all as good as each other??
I haven't got a lot of cash to spare so am using some that Santa left for me,
I would appreciate any help you kind people can offer, and would love to thank you all for the help and advice you all give, i love reading and learning all about all of you and your interests,
Thank you all so much.