View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
TJDesigns

Well i've been reading and looking at all the beautiful quilts that I thought it time to say Hi. I am originally from Alameda, California. Lived there for 48 years, then moved to a small town in Nevada called Yerington. Only 3200 people lived in this town. Its about an hour south east of Carson City the closest large city. This is where I began quilting. A few ladies at the county office where i was working were bringing in quilts that they made and I thought I can do that. So my first quilt was for our youngest daughters high school graduation. It was a flannel rag quilt with a heart design in the middle. After that it was no stopping me. I have 3 children and 2 grandkids and now everyone has at least 1 quilt. They love them. I also started making purses and all the girls have at least 2. Now everyone that see them wants one to even strangers at the quilt shops and joann's ask for one. Well i made alot of them before christmas and was able to enjoy a nice christmas with the extra money. I have been unemployed since June of 2009 and my husband is 100% disabled with SSDI and VA as our only income so making a few extra $$ was great and I was doing something I have fell in love with. We just moved back to California in March 2010 to be closer to our kids. I really miss the snow in the winter and I hate the rain here. Well enough said I will post some of my quilts from time to time since I have quite a few. But here is my first quilt.

Back of Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157326[/ATTACH]

My first Quilt a Flannel Rag Quilt (Front) Sorry dont know how to turn them
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157321.jpe   attachment-157324.jpe