Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
purrfectquilts

I spent my snow day making fleece blankets with appliques and finishing up a quilt for a missionary at church.

For those of you who asked for details with the pictures, I trimmed the fleece evenly and did the corners by cutting around a stainless steel bowl. Then I just used scraps to make a variety of appliqued shapes ... heavy on the hearts because I had a new Kaye Wood View and Do shape to try out. The edges were turned under 3/8" (the width of my presser foot) with no measuring or pinning and sewn in most cases with a blanket stitch and thread as close to the right color as I had.

The green ones are for a baby and I bound one with Winnie the Pooh fabric and appliqued the other with different hearts ... fussy cut.

The dark pink one is a quillow. Opens up into a blanket or folds into a pillow.

The church quilt is all scraps and meant to be Tuscan colors. The missionaries are usually, but not always men and the church gives a quilt to each missionary that comes to the mission conference in early February.

I washed all of them so that there would be no harmful residue for children or babies and so that the church quilt would look more old-timey.

Quilt for missionary
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157407[/ATTACH]

Blanket for a baby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157408[/ATTACH]

More children's fleece blankets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157409[/ATTACH]

Quillow is dark pink blanket with lt green pocket and name
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157410[/ATTACH]

last fleece blanket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157413[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157402.jpe   attachment-157403.jpe   attachment-157404.jpe   attachment-157405.jpe   attachment-157408.jpe