View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by HuskerQuilter
Where I live there are no gyms or work out areas to go to, and the icy streets etc prevent much outside walking. My favorite is the Leslie Sansome walking dvd's. You can go 1,2,3 or 4 miles, and it's all easy to do. Only need a little area to move in, cause it's all walking in place. The few extra moves she has you do makes it a good workout. Goes quickly, and feels good when you are done! Good luck with your weight loss...watching Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights is always motivating. Try to cut down on your white flour, sugar, pasta, etc. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
I used to watch biggest loser, till I started school and my TV decided it no longer wanted to work, and I have yet to check Hulu for episodes or if I can watch them on NBC's website... I joked with my mom about getting a stationary bike and peddling while watching the show! But due to cost thats not feasible... I'm going to see if the school gym has a stationary bike, I'm sure it does. I should consider working out there anyways, gets me out of my room. When Spring rolls around I'm going to start the couch to 5k program, which I hear is a good program, but I don't want to do that on a treadmill. My school does keep the walk ways on campus clear of snow and ice, best to their ability, so I could always walk around the college mall a few times too. Since we are snowless at the time, I'm going for a walk tonight... which those walks are pretty long... I'm usually gone about one hour to an hour and half.

today I've decided to start drinking water all of this week. I need to start saving money on my J-Pass for the rest of this month, since I'm at about $190 and that needs to last till January 30th. I figured if I don't buy soda or the iced chai (that I drink on mon. through friday and it is expensive) I'll be saving about $34 dollars a week and from now till the 30th that would be approximately $102 give or take a few. I rounded up to the nearest dollar on the prices of the soft drink and the chai. I can make my own coffee in my room and my own tea. I had two bottles of Fiji water left over from last semester (due to price at the grocery store I only get them so often) so I'm drinking those off and using the bottles to store water in for grab and go type situations. I like the taste of water, so it doesn't bother me much.

I've created a playlist of songs I like to listen to when walking. They are all high energy so I can dance to them too. I'm trying to keep everything to somethign that I can stick to... so keeping things fun helps.

And it's not just for health reasons. I want to be able to keep up with my niece! She'll be walking soon and she'll be a year old in March! I want to be the cool, fun aunt! I've been over weight most of my life and I'm just tired of it, I don't like feeling tired all the time or out of breath every time I climb the stairs (which gets better, I'm not as bad as when I started the school year!). I don't have an elevator in my Dorm hall, so I run and down three flights of stairs several times a day, and due to not liking the elevator in Daniels Hall, I use those stairs and they are long flights of stairs in that building, I believe there are four flights all together. I do those stairs three times a week due to classes.