View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
Just curious but about how much do you spend on fabric per month? I'm just starting to build my stash and realize I haven't been aggressive enough as I only spend an average of $30-40 per month. Judging from some of the pictures, I'm waaay behind.
It all depends on the kind of fabric I'm buying. If it's seasonal(holiday) then I wait til after the holiday and buy it at 50% off.Backing usually isn't on sale so I buy that any time.Fall is the best time to buy summer fabric cause it's 25%-50% off. Unless I need a piece of fabric for a customer immediately I buy fabric this way:holidays-after the holiday,spring-during the first part of fall .that way you will be buying fabric that is good quality but at a lower price cause it's last season's stock. My monthly supply budget is $125.00 a month and that includes batting,backing,threads,fabric,blades,everything that I will need to sew with that month. That's why I shop a season behind on my fabric. That's not that much when you think about all the stuff you work with in a quilt shop.