Old 01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
purrfectquilts

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Somehow when I saw this post starting out, I KNEW you were in Georgia!! After reading through, I see that quite a few of us are enjoying our unusual winter wonderland! I finished a baby afghan (knitted) and was going to quilt. Suddenly the snow made me want to bake, so I made homemade bread. I risked broken 70 year old limbs to cross the street and bring a loaf to my neighbor!! Now I am going to work on crumb squares ( have 40 made and trying to decide what to use for sashing) before watching the BCS game at 8:30 pm est!!
I thought about bread too! I usually bake mine instead of buying but decided to give myself a snow day and sew all day for the most part. It is melting now. I went out to get the mail and found a "care" package from my son. Groceries, a phone and some books to read. Hmm, might have to take some extra breaks tomorrow!

It looks to me like the weather is abating here, but I am told in TN that they are expecting more tomorrow and Wednesday. My son and family are right in the middle of moving from PA to TN, traveling in that weather.

Nice to chat with another fellow Georgian!