View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Nancy in Louisiana

FQ Stash Queen -- don't be concerned. I'm going to send a strip of colored sashing to put between each row so the blacks won't really touch each other. Black solid, black mottle, black on black -- all ok as long as it "reads" black. At first I was thinking of using batiks, but lately the ones I've seen are softer tones. I'm looking for bright -- solids, neons; I want it to glow out from the black background. Besides, batiks are getting so darn expensive... If I find the patterns I'm looking for, I'll post a picture of kinda-sorta what I'm aiming towards. It won't be difficult, and probably the easiest row to do.

This is going to be for me.

I guess the journal entries would include who was working on the row, time of year, description of geographic location, maybe some small talk about what's going on at the time (eg. holiday prep, kids, grandkids, major events). Small talk, rambling thoughts, anecdotes, recipes, etc. In your case maybe where you happen to be at the time. Picture would be us working on each of the other quilts so four separate pix and then maybe a pic of each of us with our completed quilt. That way we have a face to put with each row in the journals.

I believe the consensus was that each of us would take care of our own quilt label.

Am I right on this, everybody????? I don't want to be a dictator -- I want everybody happy and everybody to get what they want.