View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by kathidahl
I sure do. It is about the 6th serger I have owned and far and away my favorite. The ease of threading is wonderful. I also have a Singer that I keep set up for cover stitch. Is it quick to switch to cover stitch? Switching to rolled hem is so easy on the Imagine. I really could not do without my serger. I would give up the embroidery machine first.
ah... so you're a PRO! Okay... well... I'm so not! <laugh> The cover 'side' of the machine is mostly, but not all, seperate.

To change over from overlock to cover on the Evolve: basically, you pull the needles out from overlock area, and put 1 to 3 needles in the chain needle area. Change out to the sewing 'deck', engage the chain looper, and dial in the chain looper tension and the Chain needle tension. Upper looper is down. Dial in the length, align your fabric and go. With the three needle positions, you can opt for a simple 1 needle chain stitch, various 2 needle coverstitches (either right, left or wide) or... put in all three needles and do a triple cover stitch. It's really neat when you set the sucker up for a Triple cover + 4 thread overlock. All five needles going at once! It's SCARY! lol!