View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by kathidahl
I sure do. It is about the 6th serger I have owned and far and away my favorite. The ease of threading is wonderful. I also have a Singer that I keep set up for cover stitch. Is it quick to switch to cover stitch? Switching to rolled hem is so easy on the Imagine. I really could not do without my serger. I would give up the embroidery machine first.
Oh the rolled hem on the Evolve must be identical to the Imagine. There's like 3 or 4 ways to do it... depending on what the fabric is. I discovered I really liked running lite chiffons, silkies and sheers through it, to lettuce the edge. Never could do that before! I also tried the gathering foot and the one adding elastic, encasing and blind heming all at once. I wasn't so good at that, but I figure that practice will help me do it better. It was too many things holding/happening all at once for me to keep up with. It worked, but I need to work on my guiding/feeding 'skills'.

I just got a couple KwikSew knit patterns, and I think I'm about ready to 'graduate' from doing little projects... to attempting my first ever knit garment. Something really easy... like knit work out pants. I mean like, those are so easy I shouldn't be able to screw them up! (too much!) lol.