Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I actually have spent time with my machines this weekend! My 15-88 had been giving me fits before Christmas; a generally lousy stitch. I finally replaced the tension spring and put in a new bobbin case. The tensioner still seems a bit off to me, but the stitch is good. Then I decided it was time to try free-motion quilting. I worked at it a while and came to the conclusion that I will never live long enough to learn to do it well, so whatever quilts I make will have to either be straight-line quilted or sent out. That was a good decision for me, as I really am not all that excited about that part of sewing anyway.
I moved on to my Davis VF and FINALLY finished my GD's baby quilt. (She's 6 months old--at the rate I was going, she'd outgrow it before I got it done.) I still need to bind it, but then I can cross that one off my list. It's not the prettiest job in the world, but done trumps perfect, so that's that.
I was amazed once again at the Davis. Every time I use it, I wonder why I wait so long between times to get back to it! It's just a great machine.
Miz Johnny, I just got done quilting on my 15-88 and I LOVE that machine. I am half way done with a quilt I have been working on a little each evening using my 15-88. I am quilting it with just stitch in the ditch, but I have done a bunch of thread play quilting (FMQing) with the 15-88!

What did you do with the Davis? Did you finish your GD's quilt using the Davis? Were you piecing with the Davis? Tell us what you think is so wonderful about the Davis? I really like mine, but it would be nice to hear what other people do with their Davis's.

Nancy