View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
M.I.Late

I used to go to a quilt shop that did quilting their on the premises. I would love to see what quilts were being done. When you purchased your fabric there, you were given a card that she could punch. When your card was full, you could put it towards (cash off) quilting of your tops. Sometimes it covered the entire cost. Some of the larger quilts would take two cards. But, I shopped there so I could get some of my quilting free or reduced. That really helped me. They also brought in a machine maintenance guy for two or three days a month. He would take your machine upstairs and it could be done in an hour, or worst case 3 days. We also exchanged scrap baggies for scrap baggies - no charge - just swap them. Always a free pattern once a month - just xeroxed and there for the taking. It didn't hurt that the best deli in town was next door... I think it also helped the younger quilters that they had a place for kids to watch videos and play while mom shopped. It was just a very small space under the stairs - it was small, but the kids b-lined for it. It didn't hold more than 3 or 4 kids, but I never saw more than 1 or 2 in there at a time anyway.