Thread: Still Here
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
jljack

As we age, all us baby boomers are coming into this time of our lives when we will kiss our parents for the last time. 2 years ago we said goodbye to our stepdad at age 94. He was at the point of being ready, because his body had disintegrated while his brain remained sharp and alert. He was just tired out from not being able to do what he wanted to do.

Mom is 86 now and is slowing down after two hospitalizations this past year for kind of serious issues. She's not handling it well emotionally, although her body is healed for now. Eventually these 2 issues will probably be what take her, and maybe she senses that. Anyway, she will move in with us in the next few months, as she is getting shaky and needs help now.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my father when he was 52 to cancer...a terrible thing to watch your loved one go through. It is heart wrenching, and I will hold you in my prayers as you go through this experience. Trust God to bring you through, and lean on Him in your weakest moments. God bless you and your family. Janice