View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Minding My Ps and Qs

Originally Posted by Sharon - NC
I'm bored. I can't find things that feel "substantial" and fill me up. I don't like (but obviously am eating) vegetables.

Do you have any good vegan recipes you'd care to share with me? I appreciate it sooooo much. Thanks!!!

Sharon
Sharon,
First, may I say how very sorry I am that you are having to deal with this again! I imagine it is very scary to have the cancer return.

But on a happier note, I am on a vegan diet for weight loss, and love it! The Mediteranian Diet ( a large book with recipes and lots of information) is a great reference. There is also a cookbook that goes along with it.

I frequently eat Kashi vegan frozen meals - very easy and tasty. Just follow directions for microwave heating on the box. They do fill me up! If you don't need to worry about eating too many calories, there are lots of frozen "lunches" in our grocery stores here (SW Florida) that I think are wonderful.

I'll try to put together a few specific recipes that I like to send you later today - or at least yet this week. But I really do recommend Kashi frozen meals as an easy, tasty start. Hope your grocer stocks that brand. If not, they may be willing to order some.

Blessings on you - I'll add my prayers for recovery to yours.

Sally
PS Former President Clinton is now on a "plant based" diet and has returned to health through it according to info on the web. I've found I can google Clinton and diet and can find out more about what he eats.