Thread: Iron on batting
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Lucia

I think the biggest problem with a dinning room table is the height; the easiest way to machine quilt is by having your elbow at the same level as the table. I went to Salvation Army and bought a strong desk with a draw in the center. My husband cut a rectangle from the top and made a hole in it with the sewing machine’s shape; this acts like an insert that can be pulled out to change the bobbin or to clean and oil; the sewing machine sits on the bottom of the draw and is flush with the top of the desk. The total cost was $150.00 with the rental of a pick up truck included! And the best part … all the draws that I have on both sides of the desk. It works very well and beats the price of a machine cabinet – and you do not need to wait for your lottery winnings! I hope it makes sense to you since I am not sure I explain it well.
If you use furniture polish on the top of your table your quilt will slide on it and reduce the strain on your arms; just make sure you clean the top very well before you place the quilt on it.
Hope I was of some help.
Lucia