View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:56 AM
lin

Hello Steve~
As a newcomer to quilting, I think what you're going through is pretty normal. When I first felt that real passion for quilting hit me hard one day, I found I couldn't sleep, would stay up half the night looking at patterns in magazines, design them over and over in my mind, think about colors and patterns, etc. I was driving myself crazy. I'd chosen or designed 10 quilts in my head before I ever bought my first real yardage! I tried to get all organized (what's a type "A" to do?? :mrgreen: ) and then it all became a little overwhelming and I had to slow down, drop all pretenses of being organized, and just have fun.

I started buying fabric because I loved what I was holding at the time, instead of looking for a precise fabric for a precise quilt. It was a lot more fun doing it that way. If I did happen to choose a pattern that I was going to start on, I chose the fabric for that quilt all at once if possible, and placed it in a basket. That worked for awhile. LOL Over time I got so busy making so many things, I started to borrow as Patrice pointed out, or I'd just forget what I was going to use. Didn't matter. I still managed to make approx 150 quilts in the last 16 years. LOL To repeat good advice...DUDE...relax! :lol: