Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

And I still have to figure out which one to start with! I had thought of the green one, but I'm kind of leaning towards the blue one (see video link at start of page to see what I'm talking about). I got a Hancock's of Paducah catalog and saw some gorgeous blue Bali watercolor fabrics.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure what fabric to go for. Was originally going to go with Moda Marbles, but now I'm torn between that and the Bali watercolors.

And I'm debating whether or not I should get the fabric swatch cards to help match the colors. Each window depicts a sage of a particular element (like Saria, the Forest Sage) so there's a lot of the same color in different shades in the same window. I think when I originally started planning this out (before I knew about video capture cards and was literally taking pictures of the TV screen) I had counted about 13 different colors on the Forest Sage window and most of them are green. So I'm wondering if the swatch cards would help match the colors. What's on the computer screen or catalog might not actually match the real color. I hate to entirely base my plans around what I saw on paper or a screen and find when the fabric arrives that they don't match. Even more since each window is going to take up a lot of fabric in different colors.

At least choosing the fabric for the leading will be easy enough! lol