View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
sblancarte

It was paper pieced and the houses were kind of wonky and the kit was in contemporary autumn colors--I thought I had ordered it but it never came and now I can't find it again--anybody know what I'm talking about? I was going to make it for our real estate agent and I already showed her the pattern. I've been quilting about 4 years-I made about 12 quilts last year about 6 bed sized and 6 lap top for friends and family with cancer or alzheimers. I'm 61 years old and have been sewing since I was 4 years old. I come from a long line of seamstresses but I am the first quilter. I send out all of my big quilts to a local long arm quilter-Glenna Iwami who does fabulous work. I work 10-12 hour days so it's amazing I do as much as I do. I spend more time thinking about the quilt, planning the cutting and the piecing sequence so that when I actually start, it doesn't take me long. I am a life long fabricolic so I always knew I would eventually start quilting just to use my stash-the problem is each quilt I plan almost always involved more fabric purchases.