Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Wow, you guys I have been talking to a guy in VA that I purchased some needles for the Davis from. His name is Bill. Billy do you know this guy? . . .

. . .

Bill says my machine with the 600k serial number puts my VF2 on the cusp of the change-over from the boat shuttle to the bullet shuttle. He said my machine is also at the end of the VF2 production line, he thinks my machine was the change-over to the bullet shuttle.

Anyway, this all makes sense except one of your machines - Randa is it yours, has a patent date of 1886? That would mean my machine has to be 1885 or it would also say 1886 if there was a later than 1885 patent date? In other wards, if my machine is 1895 that would mean there would be no more patent dates between my 1885 date and 1895? Isn't that right?

Billy, Miz Johnny, anyone else see what I am saying?

Nancy
I do, but in many of the machines, there is a period of time where older parts are used if possible, and during that time the "kinks" are worked out of the new models. So it's possible that machines made during the same time period might be slightly different. Also, aren't the patent numbers on the slide plate? Slide plates often go missing and are replaced with new or older ones. My Davis machine slide plate REFUSES to stay put.

I know Bill very well; he's a great guy and very knowledgeable. We refer to him as the Boye Toye due to his collection and research of Boye cases. I bet he loves that I'm putting that out on the 'net, don't you think??