View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Bill'sBonBon

I guess I am really weird and so is my whole family :roll: :lol:
Because we all love my old fashion cornbread dressing. I used to roast turkey alone but stuffed and dressing seperate. Until One year don't remember when one of my pans got missing. Never found it either. I had a big roasting pan with lid. I put metal rack in pan,Cleaned turkey, put him in pan,Stuffed him full,Buttered him like he was getting a sun tan( My stuffing is not the dry crumbly kind, It is moist wonderful.) Couldn't find pan for extra dressing and said STUFF IT! I am going to put it all together. Pan was full of stuffed turkey,and Dressing all around it. WONDERFUL! I now have one of those electric roasting pans that holds it all and leaves my oven free. I have to get a large Turkey Usually over 20 lbs.
I chop up my celery,onions, CornBread ETC.in a food processer The night before put it in zip lock bags. Get up real early Thanksgiving morning and put it all together,We usually eat between 1 and 2 oclock. The recipe is one my Deceased MIL got from her Mother,They are from Tenn. Southern Turkey and Dressing. :wink: Last count there will be 20 people at my house Thanksgiving. :shock: My Grandson called and ask if he could bring 2 of his buddies from the Navy, They are at Cherry Point NC. and of course we said that would be fine. They will be here for 5 days :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: I love my Grandson Dearly, but I am sure glad his Mom My DD lives just 15 miles from me. :D I can go visit them. :D
Thanksgiving has always been a day of celebration for us.
Bill'sBonBon