Thread: TIME well spent
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 PM
roguequilter

lollollol.,...all of the above!!! esp w/large project. i preview fabs after i have drafted pattern. take pics...then preview how they look from that perspective. i use eq6 + drafting pad...at same time. even for how i want to do the backing...eq6 esp for that. then i make sample block...hmmm...no like? try another color approach...oh yeah! like that...or hmmm....both good... but essentially i try to have everything in order before i start cutting out all pieces...from fab selection/combination, block[s] sample, design layout and then start cutting when i have all organized...i have an online quilt chat freind in europe that say that i tend to over-organize [esp my bookmark files lollollol] but i think that it makes the whole process sooooo much more enjoyable...and since i quilt for fun [and sometimes profit] that is the bottom line for me - FUN :)). and of course procrastination at every step...ya just gotta step back and think about it - sames time and money in long run. and i clean as i work...helps keep organized at each step of the process.