Thread: Yo-yo Quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Boo

Just a quick story about yo-yos. When my daughter was about 9 she and I decided to make Christmas that year. All her gifts from me were either sewn, crocheted or knitted. It was a sparce time for us, so we decided to make a yo-yo chain to decorate the tree. We had many a good time sitting around making yo-yos, but you have to understand I was a young mother and had already lost my own mother, so there was no one to ask how to do this. We went out one night and got a tree from Frank's Nursery, for only $5. While there we discovered some red wooden beads on clearance! Decided those would look great on our yoyo garland. That night, I made popcorn and we sat on the floor with our bag of yoyos, red beads, popcorn and fishline. We ate more popcorn than we strung, but we did get our garland finished. As we sat there we could hear the needles of the tree hitting the gifts underneath. Turns out our bargain tree wasn't such a bargain after all. Finally the time came to hang the garland on the tree. Much to our surprise it weighed down the branches and caused the ornaments to fall off. Not to be disuaded we picked up the ornaments and replaced them and went to bed. In the morning, she had to dig her gifts out from under all the pine needles and the garland had come off the tree! No one had told me you didn't stuff the yoyo's with stuffing!!!! :lol: We stuffed them so full they were like balls. LOL