Thread: A Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Skeat

I know exactly where you are coming from. I too found early in my quilting a simple block type nine patch w/chenille. I too bought the kit...came home and made that quilt. The chenille was difficult to cut trying to keep it straight..for it wanted to move. Once the top was done and I spent the next 2 weeks still dechenilling my sewing area...I sent it off to be quilted!:))I decided at that point it was too thick for me and I was sick of the shedding;))Love the look and the texture but geeze what a pain! If I were to quilt it on my machine the only way would be to thread baste it due to the thickness. And, then go w/it from there however you want...movement such as stippling (which would have to be big stippling or you will loose the plush)or straight line quilting done w/a stitch reg. that replaces the sewing foot you have on your machine at the moment. Keep us posted on the progress!! You are one determined quilter that I am sure we will see some great quilts coming from you!!:))Skeat